Photo

Images are beeing duplicated in image/cache!

5 replies to this topic

#1 InS0mN1aC

InS0mN1aC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hello MaxD, I have recently purchased your extension and I am having a problem. In my site I have many GBs of images in the image folder. I have noticed that Lightning creates a dir called image/cache and makes copies of all my images resulting in my server running out of space and being unable to run the extension.

I don't know why it is good to cache images on the server but I need to be able to switch it off. Please respond asap because it is really important.

Note: Pregeneration is off.

#2 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Lightning doesn't have any relation to this.

This is default OpenCart behaviour - it keeps images originals, resamples them to required sizes and store at cache folder.

#3 Guest (guest)

Guest (guest)
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:29 PM

Indeed you are right... That is a shitty tactic if you ask me! Any ideas how to disable that, except for adding a cronjob with rm -rf image/cache/* ?

#4 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

Its normal tactic, especially when you have any type of images post-processing - watermarking or optimization.

Do you really suffer so hard of it? Max space you can save is the size of your images originals.

#5 Guest (guest)

Guest (guest)
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

I have already written a script to resize my images to the minimum acceptable size, but the total size is over 3,5GB since there are almost 80.000 products. 7GB of images is more than the space I have available! I have a watermarking plugin, maybe if I reconfigure it to overwrite the existing images instead of creating new ones will solve the problem?

#6 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

I have sent vQmod to your mail, that may help.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Community Skin by Fredson Nunes Junior