#21 Ernst Jakob

Ernst Jakob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:30 PM

you just worry too much, and you don't have to install VqMod-Pro, if you do. And since I have no idea, how your'e doing it, I cannot tell. I only know, that VqMod-Pro Speeds up the system a little, according to my tests.

But if you install VqMod, by Use of an FTP Client, then, after you have ACTIVATED this default VqMod, you only need to upload VqMod-Pro, as it comes, thereby overwriting some existing VqMod Files, it WILL WORK.

Ernie

#22 Onama

Onama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

I am using Open Cart 2.2.0.0, i.e, the latest version. I have installed the VQMod Pro without any glitch and it's successful because as mentioned in the description, it showed that successful installation message. Now I have three questions.

• Can I upload those extensions which requires VQMod using the default 'Extension Installer' in the Admin Panel?
  • Should I use a VQMod manager?
  • If the answer of the 2nd question is 'Yes', then which one should I use? Please mention the OC 2.2.0 compatible extension only.

Thank you in advance. :)

#23 Ernst Jakob

Ernst Jakob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:47 PM

1. NOPE, the OC2 Extension Installer is for OcMod related Extensions only.

2. Sure, to check on valid VqMod Operation as well as enabling/disabling VqMods, and cleaning our VqCache Sections, after you made some changes, and like to see LATEST Results of such doings.

I use this one, also for my latest OC 2.2 test shop.:

https://github.com/m...l/vqmod_manager

it bases on this one, originally:

http://www.opencart....tension_id=8247

3. But I do NOT know, if the existing Version of VqMod-Pro also will have the abillity, to also somehow handle/install OcMod's, like it seems to be the Case with the latest version 2.6.x VqMod Installations, so, better check on this 'theme' first, to make sure..., I have not found time yet, to make myself familiar with this, since I don't use any OcMod's anyway... ;)

All I know is, that VqMod v.2.5.2 did NOT work, in my latest OC2.2, since it did not longer produce a single CACHE FIle, out of any xxxx.tpl File, involved in such Modifications. So, it did not even produce any errors, anywhere, it just did not show up any modified Content !

I just about got nut's about this, never heard of it before...

https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod

Good Luck !
Ernie

Edited by Ernst Jakob, 17 May 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#24 Onama

Onama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

Thank you Ernie, for your help. :) But, I downloaded this extension and uploaded it earlier. After that I reformat my test server and again did a fresh install of OC and VQMod Pro and then I downloaded this extension from your link and then uploaded and got the same result:

Not Found

The requested URL /opnc/admin/<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: vqmod_manager in <b>/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/opnc/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_common_menu.tpl</b> on line <b>31</b> was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It seems that the 'vq2-admin_view_template_common_menu.tpl' is missing. Now what should I do? I need to install and check some vqmod extensions which I need to check before using them in one of my project. Please advice.

Edited by Onama, 21 May 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#25 Ernst Jakob

Ernst Jakob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

It's your vqmod_manager Link, it cannot find, but vqmod_manager has nothing to do with VqMod, it's just a tool, to handle VqMods.

This: opnc/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_view_template_common_menu.tpl  just means, that your Server is looking for a predefined LINK to the VqMod Manager, in the CACHED File of your admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl, but does not find it, since your VqMod Manager is either not installed/linked yet, or then, it's own VqMod generated SEARCH/ADD LINK TAG does not function, because, in your admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl, the ANCHOR / TAG, required to make the VqMod Manager LINK 'kick in', and so be link-accessable in the Menu.TPL file, does not exist, or at least not in exactly the required Form.

It's like using a wrong key, trying to open a door. Find out, what KEY it requires, and then, it will function.

It's this LINE/TAG/ANCHOR, called by the VqMod Manager, in the OC v.2.2 admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl

vqmm_menu_shortcut.xml

<li><a href="<?php echo $feed; ?>"><?php echo $text_feed; ?></a></li>

<file name="admin/view/template/common/menu.tpl">
<operation error="skip">
<search position="after"><![CDATA[
<li><a href="<?php echo $feed; ?>"><?php echo $text_feed; ?></a></li>
]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
<li><a href="<?php echo $vqmod_manager; ?>"><?php echo $text_vqmod_manager; ?></a></li>
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Good Luck

Ernie

Edited by Ernst Jakob, 21 May 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#26 Pclimx Patplay

Pclimx Patplay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

please i have this problem when i want to acces to   www.mywebsite.com/admin   vQmod Pro 2.6.1
No Admin Folder

vQmod Pro has scanned your root folders and there is no admin folder there. 
Please make sure that your admin folder has config.php file.

Fixed, check again!

#27 Ernst Jakob

Ernst Jakob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

who else, but you, could know, why you seemengly have no SHOP/ADMIN Directory ?!

you may have renamed it, or something, but then, VqMod-Pro would not longer find it.

But this is all, what can be said on this, as long as you are the only one, beeing able to know!

Good Luck

Ernie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Community Skin by Fredson Nunes Junior