Images refresh

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mahesh (guest)

Mahesh (guest)
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Hi There,

really excellent mod.

i have one small problem though,  i run a online print shop where the product and category images are rendered on the fly.

because product pages are not cached, images are refreshed on that page , but category images are not refreshed.

example: https://www.inkif.in...e-business-card

please try customizing this design, image will be refreshed on the product page, but when you go the category, image is not refreshed.

please can you suggest a fix for this without disabling caching for category pages?

Thanks

Mahesh

#2 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

Sure, I understand the problem. Its impossible to cache categories pages in this situation as they get changed when design changes.

I'm surprised a bit with this workflow, how does it works when there are several customers online? What happens, when two customers try to edit and order the same design template?

#3 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

Thats interesting!

Do you really need to see live designs update at categories pages?

By default OpenCart Lightning rebuilds page caches every 2 hours, and this period may be changed (but there is no use to make it too small).

#4 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

What happens when you leave things as is and enable OpenCart Lightning? You get broken image links at categories pages?

#5 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Whats the use of displaying customer specific images at categories and remembering customer designs at all?

Isn't it supposed to be ordered right after customization?

#6 MaxD

MaxD

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 692 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

Huh. Send me FTP access details to [email protected] and I will try to look at this.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Community Skin by Fredson Nunes Junior